Who we are:
The Event Umbrella is an events company working on behalf of clients and Local Authorities producing live events across the South East. As part of this we manage over 400 traders via our purposes build trader portal which can be found at www.theeventumbrella.com.
We are a private limited company.
The Data Protection Officer for The Event Umbrella is Victoria HazellPersonal Information
Personal information is anything about you that can be used to identify you. We will not process any personal information about you that we do not actually need in order to provide services to you.
What personal information we collect:
- Personal details such as your title and your full names
- Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- Business Address including house number, street name, postcode, town and county
- Records of your communication with us such as emails, social media messages or text messages
- Professional qualifications, indemnities and licences.
How long do we keep the information for:
- You data will be held with us as long as you choose to continue working with The Event Umbrella. The data will be removed at your request.
What are our legal grounds and purposes for collecting your personal information?
It is necessary in order for us to provide you with our services such as:
- Information about new events
- Information about current events
- Information about work or contract opportunities that may be relevant to the nature of your business.
Furthermore, we need your information in order:
- To be able to provide third parties with images for promotion and marketing purposes
- To be able to provide Local Authorities with information for Environmental Health purposes
- To be able to provide prospective or current clients information about possible contracts or works opportunities relevant to your activities.
We have your consent or explicit consent to:
- Contact you should we feel there is an event that would be well suited to you
- Send you regular updates on our events via mailchimp or other mailing list system.
(edited)3:23If you do not provide the personal information that we request or if you object to your data being processed, then we will not be able to provide you with our services.
Disclosing and sharing your information
We will only disclose/share information about you to third parties who are relevant to the activities of The Event Umbrella and will also only use your information for event purposes. We will not sell your information to a third party.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have a number of rights relating to the information we hold about you. This includes rights to:
- Ask for a free copy of the information we hold about you
- Ask for a correction of any inaccurate information held about you
- Object to the use of your personal data being used for direct marketing
- Withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is necessary to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations
- Ask for your personal data to be deleted from our portal/database. Please note that there may be a minimum period of time to arrange for this to be actioned.
- Obtain, move, copy or transfer your personal information in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation.
- Request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data, we will still be permitted to store your personal data.
- Complain to the Information Commissioners Office if you are not satisfied with our use of your data (www.ico.org.uk)
Your data is considered to be an important asset to us, and as such, we make reasonable effort to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or inappropriate access, use, modification disclosure or destruction.
On our website we protect any information you have given us by providing you with log in details which you have personally set up. You will need you log in details to access your profile and the information your have provided to us. You must keep these details safe and must not disclose them to anyone. We will not accept responsibility or liability if a third party obtains and uses your log in details. You must tell us immediately if you log in detail have been compromised in any way.
Other measures we take to keep your data secure include, but are not limited to:
- Make regular backups of files
- Protecting file servers and workstations with virus scanning software
- Using a system of passwords so that access to data is restricted
- Allowing only authorised staff into certain computer areas
- Using data encryption techniques to code data when in transit
- Ensure that staff are only given sufficient rights to any systems to enable them to perform their job function
Retaining your information
We will only keep your data as long as necessary to provide our products and services to you and/or fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
The Event Umbrella Ltd. is incorporated in England and Wales. Company No. 5477426. Registered Address: Waterford House, Joy Lane, Whitstable, CT5 4LS