Ealing Council (the “council”) owns, manages and runs this website.
Information about Ealing’s website
If you are browsing our website you do not need to disclose your personal details.
Personal information we collect
The council does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who access this website (see cookies below) except where you voluntarily choose to give the council your personal details either by registering with us via the form on the homepage.
What we do with personal information
We use this information only for the intended purpose that you have provided it for.
However, the information you provide may be used within other departments of the council to provide a complete service to you.
Your information will be held only for as long as necessary and it will not be passed to any other parties.
In some cases the council may use your information for another purpose if it is under a legal duty to do so.
Ealing Council has a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and accordingly may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with law enforcement agencies and other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.
The council’s primary purpose for processing your personal data is in order to provide services to which you are entitled and in order to get in touch with you.
As part of this function the council will use your information:
- for the particular purpose(s) specified at the point data is provided by you or by another person on your behalf
- to communicate and consult with you in order to provide services appropriate to your needs;
- to monitor and improve performance in relation to those services
- to assist with the planning of future service provision
- for all law enforcement, regulation and licensing, criminal prosecutions and court proceedings. We will use all information held by us in order to undertake those functions efficiently and effectively
- for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share your information with other bodies responsible for the auditing or administering of public funds for these purposes
- for the maintenance and improvement of the services which we deliver, this includes the development and upgrading of the systems which we use to process your information
- where there are financial transactions relating to some services, such as grants, payments and benefits. We therefore may use your information for all uses relating to situations where you owe money to the council, or where we are paying you money, or you are claiming grants, housing benefit or council tax reduction, your personal information (other than just your name, address, dates of birth etc.) will be kept secure and used only for that range of purposes.
Where Ealing Council discloses personal information this is carried out in accordance with its registration under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Ealing Council’s Trust Charter and Fair Processing statement.
Ealing Council has implemented technical measures to safeguard your information from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
Cookies enhance your experience using our website and help to personalise the service you receive. They are simple text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie.
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by http://www.ealingsummer.com (or any other website) you can do this through your browser settings. The help function within your browser will provide further information.
There are a number of different browsers and different versions of each browser which all act in different ways. You can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/ which gives information on how to delete and control cookies across a wide variety of browsers, including stopping cookies being stored, enabling session cookies and deleting cookies if they have already been stored. You will also find information for managing cookies stored on your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to manage cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will find further information in your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Ealing Summer Festivals website. Information collected automatically to improve our website Ealing Council collects and stores the following information that is automatically recognised. The:
- date and time
- originating IP
- type of browser
- operating system used
- URL of the referring page
- object requested
- completion status of the request
Visitors to our website remain anonymous as the council does not seek to link any of the data collected to individuals. The information only allows the council to assess the popularity of the pages on the website, so that continual improvements can be made to the site.
Definition of terms:
- Browser – Short for Web browser, a software application used to locate and display Web pages. The two most popular browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Cookie – Cookies are text of information that are stored on your computer by the websites you visited. Cookie information contains an ID tag that will be used to recognise you when you return to the page and personalise your visit. Information supplied by cookies can help analyse the profile of our visitors and help to provide you with a better user experience.
- IP (Internet Protocol) – The technical standard by which data is transferred between two devices. All networks connected to the internet speak IP,
- IP address – An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer)
- URL – Web sites are found by their addresses. Each website has a URL, or Uniform Resource Locator, assigned to it.
- Web server – Makes it possible to be able to access content like web pages, or other data from anywhere as long as it is connected to the internet.
Please note that this privacy statement does not cover links to other websites.
Notification of changes
As Ealing Council creates new online services this may generate a need to amend this privacy statement. If substantial changes are made the council will highlight such changes on the home page of the website.
If our information changes at any time in the future Ealing Council will post the policy changes on this page.
Corporate information governance manager , IMG, Perceval House, 14/16 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, W5 2HL.
Tel: (020) 8825 5124/5512
If you are not satisfied with our response you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, CK9 5AF